Current:Home > MarketsCharles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Pinnacle Profit Strategies
Charles H. Sloan-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-07 06:02:54
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Charles H. Sloan which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (974)
Related
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Need an apartment? Prepare to fight it out with many other renters
- Ice-fighting Bacteria Could Help California Crops Survive Frost
- What Would It Take to Turn Ohio’s Farms Carbon-Neutral?
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Missouri man convicted as a teen of murdering his mother says the real killer is still out there
- Trump’s New Clean Water Act Rules Could Affect Embattled Natural Gas Projects on Both Coasts
- U.S. expected to announce cluster munitions in new package for Ukraine
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Newark ship fire which claimed lives of 2 firefighters expected to burn for several more days
Ranking
- Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
- Trump’s New Clean Water Act Rules Could Affect Embattled Natural Gas Projects on Both Coasts
- Eminem's Daughter Alaina Marries Matt Moeller With Sister Hailie Jade By Her Side
- Trade War Fears Ripple Through Wind Energy Industry’s Supply Chain
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- An Indiana Church Fights for Solar Net-Metering to Save Low-Income Seniors Money
- Big entertainment bets: World Cup & Avatar
- Washington Commits to 100% Clean Energy and Other States May Follow Suit
Recommendation
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
Arizona secretary of state's office subpoenaed in special counsel's 2020 election investigation
What Does a Zero-Carbon Future Look Like for Transportation in Minnesota?
Iowa teen gets life in prison for killing Spanish teacher over bad grade
Average rate on 30
Gunman on scooter charged with murder after series of NYC shootings that killed 86-year-old man and wounded 3 others
'Can I go back to my regular job?' Sports anchor goes viral for blizzard coverage
Following Berkeley’s Natural Gas Ban, More California Cities Look to All-Electric Future
Tags
Like
- Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
- Amid blockbuster decisions on affirmative action, student loan relief and free speech, Supreme Court's term sees Roberts back on top
- Heather Rae and Tarek El Moussa's Baby Boy Tristan Undergoes Tongue-Tie Revision